Thomas Rhett and wife Lauren Akins have a long history together. They met in first grade and dated briefly at age 15, eventually going their separate ways while remaining friends. But their love was too much to deny and they married in 2012.
They are so much in love that TR even wrote the songs “Die a Happy Man” and “Star of the Show”—among others—about his beautiful wife.
“Baby, that red dress brings me to my knees / Oh, but that black dress makes it hard to breathe / You’re a saint, you’re a Goddess, / The cutest, the hottest, / A masterpiece / It’s too good to be true, / Nothing better than you / In my wildest dreams,” TR sings in “Die a Happy Man.”
Nash Country Daily has followed the couple (not in a stalker-ish way) as they revealed how adorably cute they really are on Instagram. Here are 10 precious moments—we had to narrow it down from A LOT—that prove TR and Lauren just might be the cutest country couple ever.
1. TR credits his wife for being the reason his show was amazing. Can you say, Awwww?
2. Lauren uses her husband as a pillow when traveling across the country. Now, that’s love.
3. TR, in turn, uses Lauren for support after winning the ACM Award for Single of The Year” for—you guessed it—a song in which TR professes his undying love for his wife, “Die a Happy Man.”
4. They even dress alike. While trying to be creepy, the couple still looks so darn cute.
5. They take beach fitness very serious.
6. They are so in love that it appears on walls of random buildings behind them.
7. They look good dirty. Covered in white paint from the “Star of the Show” video—another song about Lauren—they still come out smiling.
8. Nothing says
cute HOT like mountains, oceans, boats and beers.
9. You just can’t tear these two apart, even when they’re at home with their dog—who is unphased by the cuteness behind him.
10. The way TR looks at Lauren in the morning will make any woman’s heart swoon.
Photo courtesy Thomas Rhett Instagram (@thomasrhettakins)