More than 100 celebrities in three cities teamed up for a multi-network telethon last night (Sept. 12) that has raised more than $44 million for those affected by Hurricane Harvey and Hurricane Irma.
The hour-long telethon—Hand in Hand: A Benefit for Hurricane Relief—was staged live from Nashville’s Grand Ole Opry, Times Square in New York and the Universal Studios lot in Los Angeles.
Country stars who participated in the event included Trace Adkins, Dierks Bentley, Connie Britton, Luke Bryan, Old Dominion, Brett Eldredge, Charles Esten, Sara Evans, Rascal Flatts, Faith Hill, Tim McGraw, Kip Moore, Brothers Osborne, Brad Paisley, Jon Pardi, Dan + Shay, Blake Shelton, George Strait, Cole Swindell and Chris Young.
Performances included, among others:
- Blake Shelton teamed with Usher for a rendition of Ben E. King’s “Stand By Me.”
- Brad Paisley, Darius Rucker, Demi Lovato and CeCe Winas performed the Beatles’ “With a Little Help From My Friends.”
- George Strait, Chris Stapleton, Miranda Lambert, Robert Earl Keen and Lyle Lovett performed “If It Wasn’t for Texas” and “I Believe.”
You can still donate:
- Call 1-800-258-6000 to donate by credit card (toll free in the US and Canada)
- Make a $25 donation by texting “GIVE” to 80077 on mobile phones
- Donate via the web HERE
You can watch the entire benefit below:
“Stand By Me” (8:48 mark)
“With a Little Help From My Friends” (36:58 mark)
“If It Wasn’t for Texas” and “I Believe” (52:32 mark)