The Grand Ole Opry will welcome patrons back to its iconic venue on Oct. 3 with a showcase featuring Dierks Bentley, Terri Clark, Vince Gill and Lorrie Morgan.
The Grand Ole Opry has aired without an audience present since March 19 due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The in-venue audience will be capped at 500 guests for the 95th anniversary celebration on Oct. 3. The limited audience will be made up of fans who had previously held tickets for each night’s show. The one-hour show will air live on Circle Television at 7 p.m. CT. The show will also stream live on Circle’s YouTube.
Operating plans include:
- Exclusive to 500 ticketed guests
- Physically distanced seating, allowing those in the same group to sit together but distanced from others
- Mandatory masks for all guests, Opry House operations and production staff
- Designated restrooms, entry and exit points
- No food or beverage service
- Temperature checks for all staff
- Enhanced cleaning practices
A number of stars have helped keep the Opry’s Saturday night shows rolling along through the pandemic, including Carrie Underwood, Kelsea Ballerini, Darius Rucker, Clint Black, Luke Bryan, Garth Brooks, Reba McEntire, Luke Combs, Dustin Lynch, Craig Morgan, Brad Paisley, Blake Shelton, Ricky Skaggs, Keith Urban, Trisha Yearwood and more.
photo by Curtis Hilbun, AFF-USA.com