Troy Cartwright’s new EP, Halfway To Houston, is available now.
Talking about the 5-track project, Troy says “I poured a lot of myself into these songs.”
Halfway to Houston track list;
1. “Halfway To Houston” (Troy Cartwright, Brandon Hood, Billy Montana)
2. “Breaking Every Heart In Texas” (Brett Tyler, Wynn Varble, Jeff Outlaw, Troy Cartwright)
3. “God Is Good” (Troy Cartwright, Brandon Hood, Billy Montana)
4. “Hammer” (Troy Cartwright, Brandon Hood, Billy Montana)
5. “Shine On Me” (Nolan Sipe, Ben Caver, Troy Cartwright)
When it comes to the songs on the EP, and Troy’s music in general, you’re going to find a lot of truth, because that’s how he writes…even if it means interrupting his wife.
Troy shares, “For the most part, I just try to write things that are true. I love to write songs…it is one of my greatest joys in life. So, I’m always looking for ideas, or somebody will say something. My wife always gets so mad at me because she’ll say something and I’ll just be like ‘Stop. I gotta write that down.’ So, yeah, just real life, and I try to keep it as true as I can.”
Troy’s new EP, Halfway To Houston, is available now, and it includes “Breaking Every Heart In Texas.”
Photo Credit: Yve Assad