In 2021, Callista Clark released her EP Real To Me.
The 5-track EP included her single “It’s Cause I Am.”
As Callista’s current single at country radio, “Gave It Back Broken,” climbs the chart – she just announced that her debut album, Real To Me: The Way I Feel, will be arriving this Fall.
Callista shared, “I couldn’t be more excited to share that my FIRST ALBUM EVER is coming out October 14! I have been waiting so long and trying my best to get all the new songs as perfect as I can. The ‘Real to Me’ era is not over yet! Can’t wait for y’all to hear it.”
Clark did give fans a preview of one of the tracks they’ll find on the upcoming release with the song “Sad.”
Talking about the track, Callista says “‘Sad’ is one of my favorite songs that I’ve ever written. It’s super lighthearted and perfect for summer. I wanted the lyrics of this song to be fun and sarcastic – the exact opposite of how I was feeling while going through a heartbreak. Manifesting not being sad.”
“Sad,” “It’s ‘Cause I Am,” and “Gave It Back Broken” are 3 of the 10 songs that fans will find on Callista’s album Real To Me: The Way I Feel when it arrives on October 14th.
- “It’s ‘Cause I Am” | Callista Clark, Cameron Jaymes, Laura Veltz
- “Gave It Back Broken” | Callista Clark, Emily Shackelton
- “Change My Mind” | Callista Clark, Dan Isbell, Jonathan Singleton
- “Worst Guy Ever” | Callista Clark, Jordan Reynolds, Emily Weisband
- “Brave Girl” | Callista Clark, Ben Johnson, Emily Landis
- “Wish You Wouldn’t” | Callista Clark, Emily Falvey, Lalo Guzman
- “Heartbreak Song” | Callista Clark, Chris DeStefano, Liz Rose, Emily Shackelton
- “Don’t Need It Anymore” | Callista Clark, Cameron Jaymes, Melissa Peirce
- “Sad” | Callista Clark, Sarah Buxton, Jimmy Robbins
- “Real To Me” | Callista Clark, Casey Robert Brown, Laura Veltz
When it comes to the recently released music video for her single, Callista says, “One thing I really wanted to portray in the ‘Gave it Back Broken’ video is the feeling of being heartbroken while still having to put on a pretty face, be professional and do your job. I wanted to match the vulnerability and strength of the song. It’s a good reminder that just because you are feeling broken doesn’t mean you aren’t powerful.”
“Gave It Back Broken” is one of the 10-tracks from Callista Clark’s debut album Real To Me: The Way I Feel – which arrives October 14th.
Photo Courtesy of Callista Clark